What is Little Tokyo ?
Hi everyone ! My name is Alexandre Acker and I’ve been a video games and toys collector for 20 years now. I wanted to make a living from my passion by opening the 13/10/2003 my retro-gaming shop in the center of Strasbourg : Little Tokyo. Thanks to this business, I have been able to live not only my passion for video games, but also the one I have for Japan. This second passion can be found in the name, layout and decoration of the shop, in which I wanted to recreate the peculiar atmosphere of Japanese retro-gaming shops covered from the floor to the ceiling with consoles, games, figurines, everything that is part of the universe that made my childhood and the one of many other people. The retro-gaming sector is constantly evolving. The products you can find in the shop go from the sixties to games released on PS3 and Nintendo DS. If you want to rediscover the origins of video games, the nineties era and the heroes of your childhood, you are welcome to come by my shop 😉
You will also be able to meet Little Tokyo’s mascots, my dogs Poulette and Coco, that are often in the shop with me and that are very friendly to the clients. A bit of a grump and likes to stay in her corner, Poulette is in charge of the site’s Jukebox, where you can listen to a selection of my favourite video games’ soundtracks. More sociable and always seeking for hugs, Coco manages the site’s Chatbox, where you can chat with other retro-gaming fans!
Little Tokyo is specialized in retro-gaming, but Strasbourg and its surroundings is home to other places dedicated to the vast video games world.
- Ludus Academy, where you can study video games! If you want to work in the video games sector, have a look at their curriculum!
- The Toy Museum in the city of Colmar displays toys through history and has various collections of peculiar toys. You can also enjoy several animations, including an area where you can play board games and video games on consoles from the nineties.
- Did your Game Boy give its last spark ? Bring “her” back to life life at DAHMS electronics ! This company located in Strasbourg is specialized in the reparation, production and creation of any electronic component, and can repair any retro console, game or accessory.
- Located in the city center of Strasbourg, REC House sells many goodies from movies, TV series, mangas and video games.
- Opening in March 2017, the Pixel Museum will teach you everything about the history of video games! The 10th art has the particularity to be interactive, and you can play in the museum on consoles from the sixties to the latest ones released!
- Are you rather a fan of recent video games ? Micromania has the last released consoles and games!
- Strasbourg European Fantastic Film Festival is a must-see event for film-lovers of all ages! Strasbourg’s European Fantastic Film Festival is the occasion to enjoy for a week the classics of the fantastic film genre, but also to discover video games created by independent studios !